CodeSpace is an education institution that offers coding courses that teach people to design and create technology. By teaching people in-demand technology skills, we enable them to accelerate their career, increase their earning potential and expand their influence.
CodeSpace is looking for a Finance Lead who can bring strong analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills to the team. On the job you will be responsible for the general accounting operations and leading the financial reporting and strategic budget processes of the company. You will ensure the company maintains an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The ideal candidate would be able to play a dual role of Account Management, working with clients to shape client contractual agreements, translate these into operational plans and provide high level controls that the project is meeting targets within budget. This will allow broad insight into the heart of our operations, so that you can effectively help shape company strategy and support investor relations.
We are looking for someone who is excited and driven by the prospect of leading a fast-growing South African company as a Finance Director, ultimately joining CodeSpace's leadership team.
- Oversee accurate accounting, reporting, taxes and compliance: Manage accounting processes to complete monthly close and reporting; manage all tax reporting. Work with external partners/firms to ensure timely completion of annual tax returns and other filings.
- Scale financial infrastructure, including systems, tools, and processes.
- Support financial planning and budgeting: Develop and support internal planning and budgeting process, working across all functional areas; develop tools, processes and communication touch-points to support transparency and empower smart and quick decisions across and within the team.
- Account Management: working with clients to shape client contractual agreements, translate these into operational plans and provide high level controls that the project is meeting targets within budget.
- Shape company strategy: Work closely with the executive team to evolve overall strategy and evaluate risks and strategic scenarios.
- Investor relations and corporate governance: Support investor and stakeholder communications, including investor reporting, board communications and cap table management.
The ideal candidate is a person who can:
- Convey complex information in a simple manner
- Create robust systems and processes
- Work both independently and within a team
- Make quick decisions based on the available information
- Provide effective oversight over project implementation
- Communicate with high level company stakeholders
- 3-5 years work experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated experience putting in place processes and controls for a new division/ project/ company
- Flexible start date from November 2019 - Jan 2020
- Full-time; Flexible work hours possible.
- Location: 403 Old Castle Brewery; 6 Beach Road, Woodstock, Cape Town
- Applicants will be interviewed from September 2019.
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter and LinkedIn profile / CV addressed to Tegan at people at codespace dot co dot za