High School Robotics Saturday Classes
Hosted in collaboration with the UCT School of IT, this course introduces students to the exciting world of robotics.
In a series of 9 Saturday classes, you will learn to code a remote controlled robot.
By the end of the course you will be able to code a robot to move and create shapes by breaking down complex tasks into sequential steps with algorithmic thinking. You will gain an understanding to create simple electrical circuits and code them as inputs and outputs with Arduino C++. You will learn to receive infrared signals from a remote control and use the signals to control the robot
This course is for you if you wish to explore the realm of robotics by learning C++ coding in Arduino, and understanding the electrical and mechanical components of robots.
What you will learn
- Write code using the Arduino C++ syntax.
- Use variables and arithmetic to improve efficiency of programming.
- Analyse complex tasks and break them down using algorithmic and computational thinking.
- Build simple electrical circuits and and integrate various robotic components into them.
- Operate conditional statements using mathematical operators to control conditions.
- Implement code to identify infrared signals from a remote control and construct suitable responses to signals using flow control statements such as conditional statements.
- Combine all the skills learnt to code the robot to drive autonomously with remote control operation and different task modes.