How to find a good developer
We are regularly contacted by people who are looking to hire a web developer or app developer.
We’ve made a list of companies who hire our graduates and support our work, so that when you commission work to them, you are indirectly supporting CodeSpace.
For small to medium sized web and app development projects, we recommend the following companies. By commissioning your web development to these companies who employ CodeSpace graduates, you are supporting our mission.
- Monetise specialises in e-commerce development, including Magento, WordPress/WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Brightroom offers affordable & comprehensive solutions for small businesses including: Website Design, Web Development, Custom App Development, Logo Design, Brand Identity Design, Graphic Design / Illustration, Print Collateral & Content Photography.
- Semantica is a full service Digital Agency offering WordPress (including WooCommerce), Shopify and Custom Software Development. They also offer a full complement of digital marketing services.
- FluentyIT offers a full suite of services including web design, web development, web application development, social media, content and paid media marketing.
Online Payments & eCommerce
- WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin for WordPress. If you’re wanting to make your e-commerce store come to life, this would be our preferred e-commerce platform. The WooCommerce team has supported us from day one.
- Peach Payments allows you to accept payments on your WooCommerce, Shopify or Wix website — as well as API or mobile app integrations for custom software development. Peach Payments regularly employ through CodeSpace and are truly dedicated to nurturing talented youngsters.
- Virtual Academies create learning solutions for Corporations, Governments & Business Schools, and our graduates contribute to their software.
- CodeSpace Digital, our own in-house dev team, is a proud employer of CodeSpace Academy graduates who build the e-learning platform that powers our online learning experience.
When choosing companies for larger enterprise projects, the following are companies where our graduates might be the ones writing code for your project.
- New Media Labs builds secure transactional portals for financial services
- Atura, a chatbot (NLP engine), service desk platform and white label language flows integrated into backend systems for asset management, insurance and personal lending
- Lima Bean offers end-to-end enterprise digital solutions for retails
- Glucode designs and builds web and mobile apps
- VMLY&R is a full service ad agency
- Responsive Digital offers a full suite of creative, content and video services
- Mobenzi offers digital fieldwork and data collection services. (They also have a free COVID19 workplace screening tool that you can use).
Put your $$ behind businesses who do good business
Whilst we’re shining the spotlight on companies who employ our graduates, here are some further companies where your support indirectly employs CodeSpace graduates.
- OneDayOnly hires a growing number of our graduates, so go ahead and buy yourself something nice from a company that supports fresh talent.
- Aephoria offers leadership training (and have offered their coaching free of charge to our students & graduates which has greatly enriched their personal development).
- Many of our graduates work on the Aerobotics team which uses drone technology to help farmers make better decisions. For those of us who don’t have a farm, check them out anyway — this is pretty cool SA built technology.